Assembla collects the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of these Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Restoration of Deleted DataIn most cases we can restore your space or repository data if you delete it accidentally. There is a $99 fee per space or repository for this service. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Gathering and UsageWhen you register for Assembla we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information. Members who sign up for the free trial accounts are not required to enter a credit card. Assembla uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, customer support, notifications of changes and new features, and research. The Assembla application sends emails about activity in your workspaces. You can change the settings on the space “Stream > Email notifications” page to stop these emails. Assembla sends email newsletters, as frequently as once every 30 days, informing customers about new features. You can opt-out of this newsletter by following the included link, and you will not receive any future newsletter emails.
Data StorageAssembla uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Assembla. The physical location of this storage has SAS 70 level protection. Although Assembla owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Assembla application, you retain all rights to your data.
DisclosureAssembla may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate these Terms of Service. Please note that we may be obliged to share an EU individual’s personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
User Information shared by the ApplicationYou control who can see your user information. On your user profile edit page, you can set the sharing for each field:
- If you select Nobody, then only you will be able to see this piece of information.
- If you select Teammates, then team members of spaces that you select will be able to see the information.
- If you select Public, then every user will be able to see the information.
- If you want a user profile to appear in space searches, you need to have a Public space and other users can search it and view it.
Workspace Information shared by the ApplicationYou control the visibility of workspace information through the settings on the Admin tab of the space. Select the Security subtab. If you set Non-member access to None, it will not be visible to any user who is not a team member. If you set Non-member access to View or Edit, the space will be visible to any user. It will show up in public searches, tag pages, and it may appear on the portal page. Please remember public spaces and spaces with Non-member access set to “View”, will be visible on the Internet. You control this setting. Please pay attention to this setting when you are creating a space, and when you edit permissions. Assembla does not claim any intellectual property rights to information posted on Assembla.com. We do claim the right to make backups of this information.
- Assembla has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. The services of the Better Business Bureau are provided at no cost to you.
- Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.