Job: Remote Web Admin and Operations professional, with Linux, Rails, MySQL, and more
* This job will use an Assembla job agreement
- Desired service type:
- Description, tasks, and duties
Assembla.com and Assembla clients need help in running our reliable, scalable, innovative cloud apps. We are looking for a committed engineer to join a team that does product development, system architecture, and production server administration. We are seeking an experienced Web system administrator to manage sites and servers for Assembla and for clients, respond to short-term problems, and improve long-term architecture. We currently hope to find candidates in American and East Asian time zones who will cover specific parts of a 24-hour day.
- Summarize the opportunity. Why is this a good team, project and role?
You can work at home, from an island in the Pacific (our team leader moved to Hawaii) or from any other location. You will be working with a talented group of developers and administrators. You will work on high-traffic applications that use the latest cloud technologies. You will have the opportunity to test new technology and add it to the architecture of Assembla.com and other online applications. Assembla is a startup company with a unbroken record of profitable, self-funded growth. Learn more about Assembla at http://about.assembla.com/jobs.html
- Requirements: skills, experience, and availability
The successful candidate will help us install, maintain, and improve a system with MySQL, Apache, Nginx, haproxy, heartbeat, drbd services, Ruby on Rails, Capistrano, Passenger, mail servers, cron daemons, runsv and monit, etc. Proficiency in shell scripting is necessary. The ideal candidate can also program in Ruby and other scripting languages.
- Experience configuring and administering linux systems
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Understanding of security issues
- Understanding of Web services and cloud / virtual servers along with standard physical servers
- Experience working on a remote based team.
- Understanding of systems like subversion and git.
- Ability to analyze and solve complicated problems
- Reliable and committed to keeping a consistent schedule.
- Compensation, terms, and duration of job
This is a telecommuting job. You can work at home or in a remote office with a computer, broadband networking, and Skype phone/IM service. Assembla pays weekly based on submitted statements within our time tracking and billing module. All successful candidates will begin with a two-week paid trial period. If that goes well, we will make long-term, full-time contract.
- How should the candidate respond? What information is required? What is the trial task or qualifying process?
Click APPLY on this page. Please post a resume, a desired hourly rate, and the numbers of hours that you have available per week. If we want to work with you, we will invite you to take part in an immediate paid trial.
We are looking for a full time commitment. We pay weekly, we pay for trials, we meet several times per year, and we are ready to make a commitment to training and career advancement.
- Target Start Date: 2011-12-23
- Minimum hours per week: 35
- Maximum hours per week: 50
- Posted by
- Andy Singleton
- Expires on
- Posted on