Job: Translator for Localizations
* This job will use an Assembla job agreement
- Desired service type:
- Description, tasks, and duties
Assembla is seeking translators to help localize Assembla´s tools and pages in the following languages: Polish, French, German, Portuguese and Chinese. We are seeking one candidate per language.
Typical responsibilities will include
- Translate content in all Assembla’s tools
- Translate Web content
- Summarize the opportunity. Why is this a good team, project and role?
You can work at home, from an island in the Pacific (one of our team leaders moved to Hawaii) or from any other location. You will be working with a talented group of individuals and be part of a global team that is developing exciting, high-traffic web applications that use the latest cloud technologies. Assembla is a startup company with a unbroken record of profitable, self-funded growth. Learn more about Assembla at http://about.assembla.com/jobs.html
- Requirements: skills, experience, and availability
- You must be a native speaker of the language you are applying for
- You must be fluent in English to communicate with the development team
- You must be able to work in a distributed team environment
The ideal candidate may also have experience with some of the following
- Experience in product localization in SAAS companies
- Hands-on experience using Assembla products
- Compensation, terms, and duration of job
This is a one-time project that is expected to take approximately 100 hours per language. After the initial translation is complete, occasional assistance may be needed for updates, new features, and web content. This is a telecommuting job. You can work at home or in a remote office with a computer, broadband networking, and Skype phone/IM service. Assembla pays weekly based on submitted statements within our time tracking and billing module. Successful candidates may take part in a brief Skype IM chat interview and be offered a week-long or two-week paid trial. If you are successful in the trial, you may be offered the complete project.
- How should the candidate respond? What information is required? What is the trial task or qualifying process?
Click APPLY on this page. You may need to register a new account to do so. (There are no fees associated with registration, and your privacy will be maintained.) You need to specify your qualifications, rates, available hours and link any existing portfolio information so we can see your work. Selected candidates will be offered a paid trial. Those successful in trial will be offered a long term contract as mentioned above.
- Target Start Date: 2011-12-14
- Minimum hours per week: 15
- Maximum hours per week: 40
- Posted by
- Stu Kirsch
- Expires on
- Posted on